In case your licence has expired, and your renewal date is approaching, you don’t need to visit the RTO office anymore.
Transport ministry notified Aadhaar-based authentication of 18 RTO-related services including learner’s licence, DL renewal, duplicate DL so that applicants need not visit regional RTO offices for same.
The development comes after the Centre issued a draft notification for linking driving licence and RC with the 12-digit Aadhaar number.
The Ministry of Road and Transport Highways (MORTH) on Thursday (March 4) issued a notification which said that people will not be needed to visit the RTO office for as many as 18 services including renewal of driver’s licence, vehicle registration, attaining a learner’s license, etc.
The Aadhaar-authentication based contactless service will provide convenient and hassle-free services to the citizens.
“Certain services regarding Driving License and Certificate of Registration have been made completely online. Now, these services can be availed without going to RTO. With Aadhaar authentication, on a voluntary basis, anyone can get the benefit of these contactless services,” MORTH posted on their official Twitter handle.
“This will reduce the compliance burden on citizens, helping them to avail these services in a hassle-free, contactless manner. This will also reduce the footfall in the RTO office, which will further increase the efficiency of the RTO offices as well,” the Ministry wrote in a separate Twitter post.
This will reduce the compliance burden on citizens, helping them to avail these services in a hassle free, contact less manner. This will also reduce the footfall in the RTO office, which will further increase efficiency of the RTO offices as well.
— MORTHINDIA (@MORTHIndia) March 4, 2021
The following services can now be availed by citizens in the comfort of their homes by Aadhaar authentication:
- Learner’s licence
- Renewal of driving licence for which test of competence to drive is not required
- Duplicate driving licence
- Change of address in driving licence and certificate of registration
- Issue of international driving permit
- Surrender of the class of vehicle from licence
- Application for temporary registration of the motor vehicle
- Application for registration of the motor vehicle with a fully built body
- Application for issue of duplicate certificate of registration
- Application for grant of NOC for the certificate of registration
- Notice of transfer of ownership of the motor vehicle
- Application for transfer of ownership of the motor vehicle
- Intimation of change of address in the certificate of registration
- Application for registration for driver training from an accredited driver training centre
- Application for registration of motor vehicle of a diplomatic officer
- Application for assignment of fresh registration mark of a motor vehicle of a diplomatic officer
- Endorsement of hire-purchase agreement
- Termination of hire-purchase agreement